This article is the best guide to know everything about the CDPAP. It has all the information’s that you need to know about CDPAP.
What is CDPAP?
CDPAP (Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program) is a medical program which entertains the individuals to take care of the family health independently. CDPAP provides services to acute and chronic illness or physically challenged individuals. They provide medical facilitates to assist them for all kind of health emergencies. CDPAP is also referred to as CDPAS, which expands as Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services. It was founded in the year 1995.
What are the Consumer and Caregiver Qualifications?
There are many eligibility criteria to avail the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program. They are mention below.
- The individuals must be the residents of New York
- Must be under Medicaid
- The individuals must be an inappropriate medical condition.
And also to be a personal assistant under the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program, you must possess the following criteria’s
- The individuals must be at least 18 years old
- The individuals must not be the spouse, parent or designated representative of the person receiving care.
Other than the mentioned ones none of the criteria so really matter to be a personal assistant under CDPAP. The personal assistant is allowed to complete housework, provide companionship and also assist with personal care. They are also entitled to provide home medical care. They can treat accident victims and other kinds of medical emergencies.
How to get CDPAP?
Here are the steps to take CDPAP access to home care.
- Obtain a Medicaid coverage. Getting this CDPAP is is like obtaining a Medicaid program. You can easily access it.
- You have to make sure that your Medicaid coverage includes community-based long term services. CDPAP comes under the Medicaid program.
- In this step, you need to ask your doctor to complete a Physician order for Services form and make sure you deliver it to your local social services office.
- In this step, your local services office will arrange two different assessments. One is the social assessment and a nursing assessment. In the nursing assessment, they determine how many hours of care per week or month will be covered by CDPAP.
What are the features of CDPAP?